Monday, September 7, 2015

Wash Your Face with Oatmeal


      I love finding natural ways to care for my skin. I have sensitive skin that gets red easily, and I get occasional acne on my cheeks. There are a lot of chemical facial cleanser, and these cleansers can be really harmful to the skin. Many beauty DIY are very complicated, but this oatmeal cleanser is very simple, only takes one ingredient.

      I first learned about this cleansing method from BubzBeauty's video. This cleanser is extremely mild to the skin, perfect for sensitive skin. If your skin is having irritation, or you are pregnant and doesn't want to use too much chemical stuff, this cleanser is great for you. 

      Oatmeal is not only healthy for the body, it is also beneficial for the skin. It soothes irritation and redness. The milk of oat can moisturize the skin and absorb excess oil. The oat can also softly exfoliate and take away dead skin cell. Washing with oatmeal leaves skin very clean, glowy and smooth. But, please note that this mild cleanser cannot effectively remove makeup. If you are looking for natural makeup cleanser DIY, please check out my post about oil cleansing method

      The method is really simple. Just take a a handful of plain oatmeal, run you hand under water until the oat softens and create milk. Then start rubbing the oatmeal onto your skin in circular motion. 

      I love the scent of oatmeal, smells milky and sweet. This method can be messy, and you have to make sure the oat won't plug your drain. If you prefer cleanser that doesn't create any mess, this method is not for you. But, after using both the oil cleansing method to remove makeup and oatmeal to wash my face, my skin gets really clear and smooth. I am really loving this cleansing routine! 

Would you try to wash your face with oatmeal?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...