Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Makeup Cleansing Oil DIY


      I have tried many different kinds of makeup removers, wipe, cream, oil based, water based. But, I am not satisfied with any of them. I want something that can remove my makeup completely, without clogging my pores. Also, I want a product that is natural and fresh. My skin gets irritated easily, it often get red and get pimples. Finally, I found a cleansing oil DIY recipe, and I made one myself. It is life changing! 


      After so many years of searching, the best makeup remover is in my kitchen! Simply mix caster oil and olive oil together. Caster oil is the main ingredient for cleansing. Olive oil removes makeup as well, but it's main purpose is to add moisture. Mix these two kinds of oil together for a perfect combination. 
Mix caster oil and olive oil together.
The olive oil and caster oil starts blending together.
Upper half is olive oil, and the lower part is caster oil.
Just share a littler bit to blend both oil together easily.
      If you have oily skin, add more caster oil, less olive oil. If you have dryer skin type, add less caster oil, and more olive oi. Try them 1:1 at first, and check if you think it's too dry or too oily. I have normal to oily skin, so I put 1/3 of olive oil, and 2/3 of caster oil. I pour them into a travel size Lush bottle. I use it everyday, and this small bottle can last me 3~4 months.

      All you have to do is to rub the cleansing oil onto your face, gently massage your skin. Then, take a wash clothe or towel, run it under hot water to warm it up (but be careful). Cover the hot towel on your face, the steam will open your pores and help the oil to melt down your makeup. Then, use the towel to gently wipe off the makeup. 

      Don't be afraid to use oil if you have oily skin. Oil is actually more effective on clearing access oil on your skin. And, even oily skin needs moisture. If you really care about the oiliness, you can use a face wash to wash your face afterwards. 

      I have tried so many makeup remover, and the cleansing oil remedy is the only one that clears my skin. I have less zits and blackheads, and my skin is well hydrated. However, this is not as effective on waterproof mascara, so I still use an eye makeup remover for that.

.Do you use any DIY beauty product like this?



9 comments:

  1. This is an amazing idea! I never thought of mixing this on my own (:
    Nati xx
    www.simplyartdicted.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a creative and useful post :) Thank you for sharing this DIY product. Personally, I've never made DIY things LOL. Right now I'm using Innisfree Apply Juicy Cleansing Oil, which is really nice. But I think I'll give your homemade cleansing oil a try some day!

    NICOLE'S NOTEBOOK - lifestyle, food, travel & beauty+

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you like it, Nati! Do try and make your own, it's easy and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great! I will check out the makeup remover you recommended. I experiment a lot and like to make my own scrub, lip balms, etc. Would you like to see other tutorials like this?

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a neat DIY. Will have to try this out. I stopped being afraid of oils after trying Maracuja oil on my face. My skin was so dry that I had no choice but give oil a try. But Maracuja oil is pricey so I will give this a try. :)

    www.chicuturnonglitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah! That would be pretty awesome actually :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, Sara, glad you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's great, Michele! Hope this more affordable DIY will work for you. Let me know if you ever try it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, Jasmine, oil works amazingly well! I also love how the ingredient of this DIY is so simple!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...