Tuesday, June 2, 2015

BOOK REVIEW: Paper Towns by John Green


Paper Towns by John Green
      I can't believe I have finished 3 books in May! I read Red Queen, The Jewel, and Paper Towns. It's really amazing how digital world can help us read more. I just finished Paper Towns by John Green on my Kindle App, and I think the book is really nice. The story is based on some teenagers in their senior year of high school. And, what they went through this huge adventure of finding Margo. 

Paper Towns by John Green
      I love all the characters. I think it is nice how Quentin got so many supportive friends. The movie  is coming out, and people keep seeing Cara as Margo. I tried to picture Cars as Margo, but it never applies. In my mind, Margo looks more girly, small and slender, with energetic bright eyes, and squeaky voice. She is a girl with a lot of thoughts about this world and "paper towns". She is someone who wants to be free, when Quentin is a boy who likes routine.

      I like this book a lot, I really enjoyed the journey of solving the mystery. Even though the award may not be as excited, I think it is all about the adventure. However, I do wish they can find Margo earlier, I started to get cranky and frustrated about how difficult it is to find her (The same feeling when you just can't find something in your house) . 

      I think this book makes me think about how a person we know may not be the actual person he/she really are. People can be very different when they are alone. Even if I feel like I know that person for a long time, what's really inside his/her mind is a mystery. And, sometimes I might fall in a trap of assuming something for someone I know well, without really caring what they are actually feeling. 

      Also, this book makes me learn to accept people as they truly are. People are different, they have flaws, so do I. But, there are also a lot of great things about them that make us friends. So, why not just accept that person's true color? This knowledge is a very small part of the story, but I can really relate to this. This is a great book with interesting story, fun characters, and something for you to think about. 

Have you read the book Paper Towns? Do you like it?



4 comments:

  1. Paper Towns is a lovely book :) Looking forward to seeing the film this summer!
    Serena / www.ramblingsofanotherunistudent.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! Have read other books from John Green? Do you have any recommendations?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read Looking For Alaska and The Fault in Our Stars and they're both brilliant :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great suggestions! I'd definitely check them out. I've heard a lot of good things about "The Fault in Our Stars".

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...