Sunday, June 7, 2015

7 Natural Remedies to Cure Insomnia

7 Natural Remedies to Cure Insomnia
      There are many reasons that can cause insomnia. Especially nowadays when people are more stressed and often neglect their diet. Some people have a hard time falling asleep, some have a trouble of waking up in the middle of the night. I've experienced insomnia a couple of days ago. I tossed and turned until the sun comes up. That night, I read some articles about how to cure insomnia. And, I am going to share with you some effective natural remedies to help you sleep better and healthier.

  1. TURN OFF YOUR COMPUTER: The moving images and videos can make our mind restless. So, put down your mobile device as well. Leave at least 1 hour of time before bed to clear your mind and stop staring at the digital screens. 
  2. READ A RELAXING BOOK: Or, write a journal. If your are a stressful person, writing everything down can help you clear off everything from your mind. So, you will stop thinking about it when you go to bed. And, a light read is very calming. Make sure you read from paper books and not from Ebooks, because you need to stay away from the digital screen.
  3. TAKE CALCIUM AND MAGNESIUM: These nutrition is not only good for your bones, it also works well to calm you down. Take the supplement before you go to sleep and relax. Foods like green leaf vegetables, sesame, and oats are high in magnesium. And, milk is a great source for calcium. But, if you prefer taking nutrition supplement, I recommend Forever Calcium, it contains calcium, magnesium, and vitamin D. Magnesium actually helps calcium to absorb, and vitamin D boost the effect as well. Since the calcium and magnesium is the combination we need for relaxation, this product is really convenient. 
    Forever Calcium

  4. TAKE VITAMIN B: We all know that vitamin B can help us be more productive, but taking vitamin B during the day actually help us sleep better during the night. Red meat, liver, green leafy vegetables are all great resources. I also recommend Forever Bee Pollen, it contains a wide range of vitamin B, the tryptophan inside stimulates relaxation as well, plus, it is all natural. Another product I love is Forever B12 Plus, B12 supports cellular function, and a deficiency can cause insomnia.
    Forever Bee Pollen

    Forever B12 Plus
  5. LAVENDER ESSENTIAL OIL: Lavender oil is very famous for their calming aromatherapy. You can use it in a diffuser, add a few drop in bath, or massage your neck with it. I also like to rub my hands together to heat up the essential oil and inhale the scent.
  6. DO NOT EAT MIDNIGHT SNACK: Not only does it make you gain fat, but also make you uncomfortable during sleep. Your body will be busy digesting, so it can not be fully rest. Also, it is not a normal time for your body to digest food, they can't digest efficiently. This will end up bloating and build up excess fat.
  7. SLEEP IN A DARK ROOM:  Create a dark cold room to relax your body. And, check if you need to get a new bed, new pillow, or a comfy pj. A comfortable environment is very important to get a good night sleep.
      I am constantly planning things and thinking about different blogging and designing ideas. So, I try my best to put down my phone and clear my mind. I force myself to stop working by turning off the computer 1 hour before bed. I turn my phone into airplane mode, and start reading or journaling. I don't make plans for the next day before bed, because I would be thinking all about it. Also, I take one tablet of Forever Calcium and Forever B12 Plus before bed. Sometimes the health issue comes from certain nutrition deficiency.

What do you do to have better sleeping quality?



2 comments:

  1. The cause of my insomnia is my daughter, so I guess there is no cure for that one. Only time will help.



    LindaLibraLoca:
    Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry none of my advices work for you, Linda.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...